Sunday, March 17, 2013

Year of the Jewelry - Week 11: Rescued from the Scrap Bin

"The purpose - where I start, is the idea of use!  It is not recycling, it's reuse" ... Issey Miyake



I enjoyed this weeks challenge - I found these samples that I had made when testing the kiln and had put to the side some time ago, but when thinking about what to do for this weeks challenge, remembered I had them tucked away and thought I would use them to create a pair of earrings - why should they sit there in the back of the cupboard? 

They are not perfect - far from it, and I'm the first to admit they needed a lot of work however I love the texture and the rawness and decided to add some my lampies from my hoard ... voila - another pair of earrings to add to my collection.


Design:  Caron Michelle
Technique:  Metal Clay
Materials:  Bronze clay, lampwork beads from N Valentine Studio, handmade ear wires

10 comments:

  1. great earrings! I love how natural they look - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Cynthia, they were fun to do ƸӁƷ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, with such rich texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so sweet, than you Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m part of the bead soup party. Looking forward to the reveals. I'm now following you. I have a new blog. Please consider following my jewelry blog. Thanks.
    http://vintagememoriesjewelry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these!! Your art spreads wide, in every medium!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Erin, I learn so much by trying other methods and techniques!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time and stopping by my blog. Your thoughts are appreciated. x