Sunday, June 22, 2014

Digital Beading Magazine - Issue 10 - June 2014

The advent of many new beads on the market is almost overwhelming at the moment, in particular the shapes and styles prove a challenge to those who loom designs.  To most, the loomed piece is a two dimensional flat design but for me, I see a blank canvas to create!

When I saw first the O'Beads, Rulla and Diamond Bead - I knew I had to do something on the loom with them.  Their shapes and diversity as a bead offers many options.  I have some more designs in the wings - but for the June Edition of Digital Beading Magazine, I designed two slinky cuffs incorporating all three of these beads.

The first one (white) was slightly wider and and used a slightly different edging - I love the feel of this against the wrist - wide cuffs are fabulous on the wrist.  For those who weren't able to obtain all the beads, I did a variation (turquoise).  They are both fun and easy to do. 

If you create a design using this tutorial, please share with me - I'd love to feature your design on my website!

Enjoy!

Caron










2 comments:

  1. Oh I missed this post! these are just beautiful bracelets Caron, and look like they would feel wonderful around the wrist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you so much Cynthia. They are quite slinky on the wrist and really comfortable!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time and stopping by my blog. Your thoughts are appreciated. x