Sunday, August 28, 2011

August Blog Carnival

This months topic for discussion with the Starving Artists Jewelery team (SATeam) is do you take a computer and/or tools with you when you travel.

This is something I wish I had done recently when I travelled for work - I was in a hotel room with no computer and no projects to work on.  Although it had been a long day travel and meeting wise, as far as the evening it was very young.

So for the future trips I have two objectives - to get a notebook that won't take too much room in my luggage that I can at least log-in to the wi-fi (if it is available) and to prepare a kit for travel.  So what to take in the kit?  I have a smallish loom that I could take it wouldn't take too much room and I could take it as on-board luggage. I will take a simple pattern that I have designed, that way I could loom and edge the piece that evening.



Check out the SATeam blog or the links below for some of the other blogs of those participating in this months blog carnival

Bead Sophisticate

Wrapture Wire Jewellery

Jewelry Art by Dawn

J3J Jewelry

5 comments:

  1. GREAT idea Caron... take stuff with you while on work trips. I might travel for work 1x a year, but it can get pretty boring (unless I'm with some wild and wooly coworkers who like to check out the night life! Last year's trip to Miami was a sleepless trip! LOL).

    That flower pattern you posted up is gorgeous!!! I hope we will be seeing the finishied project soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed that you can finish a loomed piece in an evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, a notebook/ laptop is great to have with you. Better than having to read tons of emails when you return home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a good plan for those nights in a hotel room when there's not much to do but watch tv. Unlike packing all the tools, beads, wire and other assorted stuff, a looming project sounds very doable.

    I'm thinking taking jewelry projects on business travel makes way more sense than taking them on vacation.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful pattern, Caron!

    I think you should wear a loom on a chain round your neck ;-) More eye candy for us to see!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time and stopping by my blog. Your thoughts are appreciated. x